Journal Entry: Thu Jul 30, 2009, 11:02 AM
My answers to the quiz of 8 things about me, for which I will not post the rules, as the rules require posting of the rules and this is uncivil disobedience.
1. I may have been an eyewitness at some of the events described in Sylvia Nasser's A beautiful mind, though according to my memory they would have occurred slightly differently.
2. The first typeface to attract my attention -- when I was a teenager reading science fiction books borrowed from the South Brunswick Public Library -- was Electra.
3. But real interest developed in graduate school in the late 1980s, when I discovered laser printing, troff, and TeX.
4. I once either amused or confused Bill Murray, the comic actor, by wearing a name tag that said my name was "Amy".
5. I once walked a banana on a leash in a city park. I wouldn't do it again, mainly because there was almost an automobile accident due to rubbernecking.
6. My family and I went and saw Robert F. Kennedy's funeral train as it passed through New Brunswick, New Jersey.
7. I was at the Paul Wellstone memorial in Minneapolis.
8. Ebenezer Britton, a New Hampshire representative and member of Continental Congress during the American Revolution, is my great great great great great great grandfather. (The number of people who can claim this is, no doubt, astoundingly great.)